Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(09-Nov-2017, 18:36)petrik Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 17:12)ssfas Wrote: There is a lot of "Air is no good so we must have Roon RAAT" going on here. What I am arguing is that first and foremost we should ask them to concentrate their efforts on getting Air to work faultlessly.

Trust me - the situation has been like this for years. Today I checked all my messages with Devialet support and apparently my problems with AIR started on August 2015. My email box has a bit over 400 emails with Devialet support, my dealer, and Roon fellows concerning only these AIR problems... Devialet has tried numerous different fixes to AIR without any luck so far. The Roon/AIR integration is best what they have been able to do so far but it's not good enough yet.

I trust you, but 400 emails to support? They must love you. 
I got my unit in December 2016. I found Air worked with 16/44 and fell over after that. 
I emailed support and they sent me a set-up guide, maybe 2 or 3 emails, didn't help and left it at that.
I read on here that it was a bit manky, so just kept using my Aries streamer.  
I assumed the Air problem was more to do with it being fairly old hardware. 
Ever the optimist, I assume with a new hardware platform they will get it to work, but they may prove me wrong and the Aries will remain.

This place really should be called devialetglasshalfemptychat.com

I did have Roon on trial for a couple of days. It was good for a laugh, in that I selected a piece of classical music, I forget what, and then it suggested I would like to listen to Showaddywaddy or something grossly inappropriate. Then I realised I needed Tidal and that was the end of that. Roon gave me lots of useless information, but what I really wanted - the booklet and sleeve notes you get with the album - was not there. You get it with Qobuz and you can also download to read offline.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by ssfas - 09-Nov-2017, 20:23
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21