Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(15-Nov-2017, 23:27)Celts88 Wrote: I've a 1000Pro and no email from Judith or 'Core Infinity' tick-box in my Devialet account.

Not sure how they work out who comes 1st in the upgrades. Glad for you who get to go 1st, at least the upgrades are now starting

It is indeed good to see that a few of us getting the upgrade emails, after a very long wait the process has at least started.  Regarding how they work out the order, I too have wondered this today.  Clearly it is not geographical, we have both UK and Canadian users getting the upgrade email today.  Neither is it based on product, with both 440 and 1000 owners front of the queue.  I did wonder if it could be alphabetical, based on either first or last name.  Then seeing Wdw (I presume this is initials?) getting the nod towards the front, this looks unlikely also.  I also noticed that Wdw used the word 'strategy' in an earlier post, this thought of a Devialet strategy made me chuckle to be honest, I do wonder if the whole thing is basically random.

So what could dictate the order?  One thing I can think of is registration date, pure speculation on my part, but if those that have had the email are happy to advise the registration date then maybe a pattern will emerge? (something like 'early October' will do if you do not want to post the exact date on line) So when you get the email, why not post your registration date, it might be a bit fun, if only to debunk my last remaining theory of a Devialet strategy.

One thing that concerns me slightly is the line in Quentin's announcement that the upgrades would run though to 'late December'.  Personally I would be more than happy if mine was done in early January, but if it was in France when I get a bit of time off work during the 'festive period', this would make me very grumpy indeed. Angry   Of course, if anyone gets the notification in late December they could hold back returning, but what if you sent your amp away early or mid December and it did not come back until January 2nd?  For this reason alone I would like to either be early in the queue or very late, that is January.  (or later?)

I think inspired by the upgrade scheme, I had a strange flashback to my childhood days today.  As a child growing up in the 70's we used to have breakfast cereal that sometimes came with a free toy.  There would be a picture on the box of this exciting looking toy, what fun!  Some cereal packets had the toy between the box and the strange 70's wax paper stuff that contained the food in those days, so you could get the toy as soon as the box was opened.  With other brands they actually put the toy in with the cereal itself. (I suspect this would be a health and safety issue today)  So every morning at breakfast you would shake out your flakes, hoping beyond hope that the toy would emerge.  One day it would simply fall into your bowl.  yes!  I've got the toy! Shy   About 10 seconds later you would realise it is cheap plastic utter rubbish, and looks nothing like the picture on the box. Angry   I am moderately optimistic that the Devialet OS Intelligence Core Infamy Streamer Board will be a little better
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Confused - 16-Nov-2017, 00:08
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21