Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(23-Nov-2017, 14:02)Confused Wrote: Just flicking back though this thread I get the impression that the upgrade scheme is progressing rather slowly?  This might be a false impression, obviously we do not know how many Dev's have been picked up from, or even returned to, customers who do not post about such things on this forum.

Looking at the words from Quentin Sannié's blog:

We will begin installing your Core Infinity boards as a priority over the coming days and continue through to late December.

To get all boards installed by late December (basically December 24th allowing for the 'seasonal holidays'), the last one would need to be collected by about December 8th or so.  Just a guess, but I reckon this process will be running well into January 2018.

From a purely selfish point of view, this would suit me fine.  Early January just happens to be a splendid time for me to send my amp back, far more convenient than any time between now and Christmas.  Keen as I am to try the new OS Board, I check my emails each day hoping for nothing from Devialet, and so far they are delivering nicely! Shy

Not too sure about slowly, but I received my “invite to upgrade” e-mail middle of last week, had shipping boxes delivered by UPS on Tuesday this week, and they have just this minute been collected, complete with my D1000 pro, for onward shipping to Devialet in France. Not too sure how many others have also shipped their “boxes”, but I cannot fault Devialet, so far, in their management of the process. Whether I receive my amps back before Christmas remains to be seen, but as we will be “out and about” for a few weeks before Christmas, and away over Christmas and New Year, I am not too worried. What concerns me more is that the alpha software referred to by markush is updated to at least beta, and that Roon/AIR is fixed and running smoothly. I am quite excited by the initial feedback from marcush on the SQ of the new CI boards.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by brit - 23-Nov-2017, 15:31
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21