Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(25-Nov-2017, 16:41)Mohmm Wrote: Hi Damon: A hardware question: Is there any hardware difference in inputs & outputs, pre and aft?

Hi Mohmm,

I confess I didn't look too closely at it, but I don't think there are any differences other than the short horizontal aerial btw. the Digital 1 and Digital 2 inputs. I actually hardly ever touch the amp, and I can't really see it

The unit arrived repacked with protective plastic on the amp and remote and a small sticker on the card, which is on top of the foam that covers the top of the amp in the case, which I think is to be affixed to the previous Pro manual.

I hooked it up and turned it on, but haven't had a chance to listen to any music. This weekend is also full of other obligations. I don't think I'd updated the firmware since the Pro upgrade last fall anyway, so if that affected the sound I would not be able to distinguish that from any change the CI board makes... which I don't expect anyway.

I know that the software is still being refined; that is fine as I don't know what to do with it anyway, but I'm going to try ROON or something similar if my schedule ever allows for reasonable free time.

But I know you're all wondering about the really important issue: and the answer is 'no'... the power button is unchanged.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Damon - 25-Nov-2017, 18:02
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21