Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(25-Nov-2017, 18:02)Damon Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 16:41)Mohmm Wrote: Hi Damon: A hardware question: Is there any hardware difference in inputs & outputs, pre and aft?

Hi Mohmm,

I confess I didn't look too closely at it, but I don't think there are any differences other than the short horizontal aerial btw. the Digital 1 and Digital 2 inputs. I actually hardly ever touch the amp, and I can't really see it

The unit arrived repacked with protective plastic on the amp and remote and a small sticker on the card, which is on top of the foam that covers the top of the amp in the case, which I think is to be affixed to the previous Pro manual.

I hooked it up and turned it on, but haven't had a chance to listen to any music. This weekend is also full of other obligations.  I don't think I'd updated the firmware since the Pro upgrade last fall anyway, so if that affected the sound I would not be able to distinguish that from any change the CI board makes... which I don't expect anyway.

I know that the software is still being refined; that is fine as I don't know what to do with it anyway, but I'm going to try ROON or something similar if my schedule ever allows for reasonable free time.

But I know you're all wondering about the really important issue: and the answer is 'no'... the power button is unchanged.

That's good news because I still prefer the AES/EBU input best (on my 1000 pro) and I particularly rate it much higher than any USB implementation that others seem to use.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Mohmm - 26-Nov-2017, 10:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21