Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(28-Nov-2017, 20:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Well, 43 pages and I think it's fair to come to the conclusion that Devialet have shot themselves in the foot (again)   They announced the CI board for 2017 because you simply can't sell an upgrade to Pro if you tell your customers they will get the streamer board they are paying for will be delivered sometime in 2018. To keep their promise they're 'delivering' the board 'on time' but nowhere near ready  

They shouldn't have included the CI board in the upgrade to Pro. That way it's a future upgrade that they could bring out when it's ready. People will read about how good it is and open their wallets for the upgrade. Now it's just another long wait for when (and dare I say if?) the board will work.

Waiting for the Core Infinity board to work: Bore Infinity!

Such a shame.
I regret wrong on so many counts. 

I bought a Le 250 ex-demo in December 2016 and immediately purchased the Pro upgrade - the unit went straight back to Devialet from the main dealer after I paid for it. 

I bought it based on it's performance at that point - I compared the Le 250 to a Pro version at the dealer. The CI board upgrade was an added incentive because it was being offered at no extra cost. I was told second half of 2017 but I wasn't born yesterday and fully expected it could take twice as long. As it happens I will have it in 2017. If I had been told I would have to pay an additional €1,300 when the new board came out, I might not have bought Devialet at all.

I am reassured verbally by Devialet that in mid December when I get the unit the software will be ready. It will have bugs because software invariably does, whether from MS, Apple, or whoever. May favourite app is Auralic Lightning DS, it has bugs, but they sort them out quick enough.

The current Air card is no more than a network card. CI is full-blown streaming hardware. There is a massive difference between the two. I've had streaming units from Linn, Naim and Auralic and anyone who has knows that it takes time to add functionality and keep it stable. Those platforms have developed over years. To expect Devialet to release multi-functional streaming hardware/software that is perfect form Day 1 is totally unrealistic and would probably be a first for the audio industry. I would expect it to take 6 months and will continue to use my Auralic streamer until the new kit has stabilised.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by ssfas - 29-Nov-2017, 15:39
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21