Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(09-Dec-2017, 11:40)Confused Wrote: I am in the same position now.  Strictly speaking I am still waiting for an 'invite' from Devialet, but things have moved on.  What has happened is that my dealer (Oxford Audio) were aware that some of their customers had not had the 'invite', so they sent an email, I presume to all Pro purchasing customers, checking on the status of their upgrade.  In cases like my own where I had not even had the email, they then took this up with Devialet.  It appears to have worked, because although I am still waiting for my invite email I noticed this morning that I do indeed have the 'Core Infinity' upgrade option available now when I log into my Devialet account.  So it looks like Oxford Audio still love me even if Devialet do not!  Although I did get an email about Devialet Phantom Wonderland, this morning.  Hooray!  One thing I notice on the Devialet upgrade page in the 'How long will my upgrade take' section is the phrase '15 to 25 business days, door to door. We promise to take excellent care of your system.'  25 business days?  That is well over a month!  Plus December has less 'business days' than your average month.  Compare this to the email back in July that stated 'We guarantee we will send your Expert Pro within 10 days after it reaches our workshop.  All in all, your system should be away from home for approximately 15 days depending on delivery dates.'  

So all in all, my Devialet is going nowhere until 2018!  Now my only debate is if I should wait until February, I suspect that quite a few upgraders will wait until January 2nd now, causing a bit of a queue early in the new year.  (or is my cunning plan to put others off from sending back Jan 2nd, so as to slip mine in alone for a super rapid upgrade Angel )

As a final thought, reading recent posts here then Devialet's words 'We promise to take excellent care of your system.', for some owners that is yet another Devialet 'promise' already broken.  Easily avoidable, and totally unacceptable in my view.

@Confused I think that you are taking the sensible approach this close to Christmas. My 1000pro was picked up by UPS on 23 Nov and delivered back to my Neighbour today - this despite fact that I had asked UPS to delay delivery until 11 Dec  as we are currently away from home Huh. This makes a total of 17 days "door to door". Luckily my neighbour was able to accept delivery for me, but I am still annoyed Angry. We will not be home until later tomorrow afternoon, so I will not be in a position to see if it is all OK - hopefully it will be, and I can set it up sometime tomorrow evening. Will report back with my views once I have had time to let it settle back in.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by brit - 09-Dec-2017, 13:47
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21