Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(21-Dec-2017, 09:50)Pim Wrote:
(20-Dec-2017, 11:29)ghubregtse Wrote:
(11-Dec-2017, 19:34)ghubregtse Wrote: My 1000 Pro was returned by UPS last week - and both units left outside the front door in the rain, despite being requested - and agreeing - to deliver it to a safe 'Access Point'... Furthermore, they claimed that I had signed for them. I was abroad on that day.
One box is severely damaged, including the inner box, and although the casework appears unharmed, the unit is dead. Angry Angry

Disappointing or what??

Update:

After 12 days of shenanigans getting UPS to finally understand that I was not accepting delivery and the faulty unit needed to be returned to Devialet (I drove to their depot, returning it personally and explained it all -  one cannot effectively call them on the phone - and then they still tried to deliver it again!), we have a good outcome:

I had constantly been informing Devialet of events as they occurred, and yesterday Roger from Customer Service called up to say that they were replacing the unit with a new one, which would be sent straight away.... result Smile Smile Smile

As a bit of a contrast, Star Track, the Australian contractor to UPS, has today knocked on our door while my wife was in the back yard and didn't even leave the empty boxes they were supposed to deliver. My wife needed to make a new appointment for delivery. Empty boxes and they didn't just leave them at the door. It wouldn't even get wet there. Now THAT's pedantic.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't Angel. But yes common sense does have something to play here Rolleyes

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by brit - 21-Dec-2017, 09:53
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21