Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(30-Dec-2017, 07:44)Craig1512 Wrote: Got the email from Judith on 23 December advising my 440pro is ready for Core Infinity upgrade (I'm located in Sydney, Australia) (I upgraded from LE400 to 440pro in late January 2017). I replied to the email with some questions, summary & response:

Q. Will my amplifiers be shipped to Paris, France for the CI upgrade?
A. The CI upgrade will be done locally in Australia, you will need to ship your amplifiers to Sydney or Melbourne.

Q. Do I pack my amplifiers in separate boxes and then into the single outer box?
A. Yes pack into one box

Q. Is the CI board & software fully functional and stable?
A. We admit current software is not yet the best one, engineers are working hard to fix this, you can choose the stable or Beta software (less stable) "Please agin, do not worry"

So, it looks like CI board upgrades for us Aussies will be done here in Australia. Not sure if Devialet are sending someone from Paris, France to do the upgrade or maybe they will get a dealer in Sydney & Melbourne to do it.

I completed the upgrade process in My Account on the Devialet web site. In the "Country" drop down box, Australia is not listed, so I left as France and placed my State & Country in the address field. I received an order confirmation from "Devialet Phantom" stating "once your order ships we will send you an email with a link to track your order" Umm what does this mean? I didn't order Phantoms, I thought I ordered the CI upgrade!! The order details does have the item as Expert Core Infinity 220 Pro for each of my amplifiers.

On 28 December I received another email from Judith with instructions to pack my Expert Pro system, without neither the power cord nor SD card and wait for UPS to email me the delivery note.

That's my CI board upgrade story to date, I will post updates as they occur.
Craig

I'm in Brisbane. I clicked on the "Core Infinity" button which appeared on my account page around 3 weeks ago and have had problems because it ended up showing my address as being in France but those problems now seem to be solved. I've now been given the following advice:

- "For your information, as aforementioned, the upgrade will definitely be done in Australia, not France.
We will be sending our engineers to Australia in early 2018 and to help do the upgrade in person within the country, so your units will NOT be sending back to Paris for the upgrade.

However, please bear with us for a few days as they are on leave and will only be back in the early January"

- A later follow up question from Devialet: "Can I ask a quick question though: Are you sure you do not need any empty boxes for packing the Expert for the sake of shipping them back to the Australia dealer's place for the upgrade later?"

I have been previously told by my dealer in Brisbane that he understood that an engineer would be doing upgrades in dealers around Australia which left me believing that my amp would be upgraded here in Brisbane but that was many weeks ago and I get the feeling that our local dealers may not be fully in the know about what's going on, and perhaps the distributor isn't either or at least wasn't at that stage so who knows how it's going to happen here but at least it looks certain that our upgrades will be done in Australia and that the process will kick off early in January. At this stage all we can do is wait to be contacted about when to send our amps away.

I hope I can just drop my amp off at my dealer's. I don't know what they're like overseas or elsewhere in Australia but my experience with UPS here in Brisbane has been disastrous. I've never had any goods damaged but they don't seem to update their tracking details and more often than not deliveries are not made on the day indicated on the tracking site so whenever I am expecting a courier from UPS I tend to end up waiting at home on the day indicated by the tracking site and then having to repeat the wait the next day as they tend to end up delivering things the day after the stated date. Ringing up and asking them about the delivery date and whether or not the tracking site is accurate is pointless because all they seem to do is tell you what's on the tracking site. UPS are the most unreliable courier service I've had dealings with.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by David A - 30-Dec-2017, 08:46
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21