Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Jan-2018, 16:13)Confused Wrote: Packed up my 1000Pro Sunday night, it was collected yesterday and I have just received the UPS notification of delivery in France.  It looks like they have had a similar journey to that posted by @Gerronwithit , including a few laps of Donnington park and Le Mans on route.  Anyway, they are 'safe' in Devialet's hands now.

I wonder how long the queue at Devialet is currently?  I will update when I know more.

An update on my upgrade:
The amps were taken to a UPS 'drop off' point Sunday 14th January, collected by UPS 15th Jan.  Judith notification of arrival in France 16th Jan.  Judith notification of return 22nd Jan.  Delivered UK 24th Jan.  So a reasonably quick turnaround. 

A couple of observations.

1. The UPS tracking system is pretty useless.  It is good at telling you where your package is when it is bouncing between airports and UPS locations, but it gives you zero idea when you package will actually be delivered.  The UPS tracking shows 'Scheduled Delivery Date: Information unavailable' right up to the moment the package is delivered.   (I was VERY lucky that there just happened to be someone available to sign for it when it arrived)

2. Devialet do not understand space travel.  When Devialet receive your amplifier, they send you an email notification showing a picture of your amplifier being upgraded on the international space station by two guys on a space walk.  This bit is fair enough.  When the amplifier is being returned, you get a picture of your amplifier being launched into space.  Eh?  It's just been in space, surely now it should be in a Soyuz return capsule.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Confused - 24-Jan-2018, 14:13
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21