Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
John,

When I hadn't heard anything at the end of January I sent an email to Olivier Colombe, the engineer coming to Australia to do the upgrades and who had replied to me earlier. He said at that stage that he was expecting ti start in Australia in the week commencing 19 February, this week, and that he would be contacting owners in Australia when his timetable was finalised and the Australian process was starting. He said he was going to Melbourne and Sydney and hoped to be coming to Brisbane. I've heard nothing since.

If he comes to Brisbane he would probably be working out of my dealer's premises and Interdyn had contacted my dealer about whether that would be possible which my dealer said was fine. I checked with my dealer late last week and he had heard nothing more, not even about the Australian tour supposedly starting this week, so I knew more than him but not by much. I was at the dealer's place on Tuesday and he'd heard nothing more at that stage, or didn't mention it if he had but given our conversations about the lack of info I'm sure he would have said something if he'd had further news.

"In the week commencing 19 February" could mean he starts in Australia as late as tomorrow and I expect he'll start in Melbourne where Interdyn is so perhaps owners in Melbourne and perhaps Sydney have heard something but if he isn't going to get to places like Brisbane and Perth then we're going to have to send our amps to Melbourne or Sydney and I would have expected that we'd be hearing something too.

I don't know if I'd say that customer support is non-existent but it definitely is deficient. It would be nice if they did spare us a thought and send some info on when they're likely to get around to us and whether we will have our amps upgraded locally or have to send them to Melbourne or Sydney but it may simply be that they're not going to send us anything until Olivier is on his way to, or actually in Australia because they don't have a reliable timetable until then and it may be that he's running late and not going to get to Australia this week. Even if that's the case, a message to that effect and a guesstimate of the timetable would be appreciated.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by David A - 22-Feb-2018, 00:24
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21