Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(11-Mar-2018, 21:24)Spindrift Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 06:18)Axel Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 02:30)Spindrift Wrote: Hi Jim - 

Quick question from a fellow d440 owner who just upgraded as well - which firmware are you using?  I have been using the latest beta and am having difficulties with the phono inputs on the slave and master - digital is sounding great. . 

Thanks! Cheers

@Spindrift
I’m using the latest beta in my 440 Pro CI and the phono input is working perfectly. It might be worth redoing your config to see if it solves the problem. Recently I made an anonymous (without logging in to my account) config from scratch.  This had the effect of enabling the pre-outs on my Companion, which I had not been able to do before. From your description it appears that you have your amps linked RCA-RCA, so your setup is slightly different to mine, but it sounds like a config problem.

Hi Axel-

Thanks for the info - so you are using rca to xlr for the companion link?  Obvious answer I know but just checking to be sure. And are you using the phone inputs on the companion or the master?

Thanks in advance!

cheers

Hi @Spindrift
Yes, you are correct. I use the RCA to AES/EBU connections. When you connect them this way, there are only one pair of outputs available on the Companion . I use these pre-outs to drive my headphone amp, so yes, I use the phono inputs on the Master.
I hope you get it sorted and it’s not a hardware issue.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Axel - 12-Mar-2018, 05:41
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21