Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Mar-2018, 04:52)Celts88 Wrote: @wikeeboy

Feel for you mate.

Interdyn gave me a call on Wednesday about the upcoming upgrades for Perth so maybe you could give them a call and see what's happening with Melbourne.

I picked up my 130 Pro from Olivier in Brisbane a bit after midday and had a very brief chat. I think he flew into the Gold Coast from New Zealand, did some upgrades at a dealer in Tweed Heads and then moved on to Brisbane. I think he's moving on south from Brisbane. I wonder whether he's going to do a route like Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth from here.

I didn't discuss his timetable but I suspect it's been arranged to minimise his flight  and travel times since it looks like  he's going to be doing stops in probably all of the capitals (haven't heard anything about Darwin from anyone). If he's doing stops in every capital and some regional centres like Tweed Heads I can understand his desire to pick a route that minimises his time in the air, and ground travel also. Whatever he does he's going to be spending a lot of time in travel and I know I found that really draining when I was having to do a lot of travel between home here in Brisbane and Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra. He's also just worked his way through Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore and possibly other countries in south east Asia .

I think one factor which may be complicating his timetable is that not everyone seems to be dropping off their amps for upgrade in time for him to start on when he gets to a location. In Brisbane he said he would be doing upgrades yesterday and today (Thursday/Friday) and asked people to drop their amps in on Wednesday/Thursday. I dropped mine off on Wednesday and got a phone call at 7.00 pm on Thursday evening and I picked it up today. 2 amps were dropped off at the shop this morning, Friday, despite the request for them to be dropped off on Wednesday or Thursday so he may not have an accurate idea of how many people are going to bringing their amps in for upgrade when he arrives at a location and people bringing amps in late may stuff his timetable up a bit. He said he would be doing upgrades in Brisbane yesterday (Thursday) and I was told he did do 2 upgrades but I dropped in at Brisbane HiFi to see if he was there and had done my amp after I finished a medical appointment in a nearby suburb and he had yet to arrive when I left Brisbane HiFi  a bit before 4.30. He arrived from the Gold Coast some time after 5.00 and did my amp and one other before leaving for the day after the shop closed at 6.00. I understand there were 5 amps waiting for him when he arrived on Thursday afternoon and he did 2 so that left 3 amps to be done but as I said 2 more amps arrived while I was there this morning even though the message I received asked for them to be dropped off on Wednesday or Thursday. He also has to do other things such as answering emails, ordering parts and arranging their delivery to coordinate with where he's going to be (parts were delivered to the store for him while I was there this morning), and do a bit of PR by talking to owners when they drop off or pick up their amps. He may well be delaying advising people in different locations for as long as he can reasonably do so to allow him to adjust his flights if necessary and give owners advice which minimises the period they will be without their amp.

Yes, I do think things are a bit on the disorganised side but I think we should be cutting Olivier some slack. He's juggling a lot of issues and trying to keep everyone happy and not everyone is dropping their amp off in the time frame he's requesting and that probably is making his time frames messier than they need to be and he seems to be organising his timetable here himself .in conjunction with Interdyn. I had to do a lot of travel at one time in my working life and I know I wouldn't like to be doing the job he's doing at the moment.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by David A - 16-Mar-2018, 08:55
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21