Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
David

Actually when I first tried with my old config file on my 1000Pro CI it actually ran for a while, both Master & Companion, but then after 10 minutes started to get a “wobble” in the sound (best I can describe), so I did a brand new config file, and then the problems really started (SPDIF to AES cable worked before, but new config no good).

Olivier did a standard config in the shop, but off course that had none of my connections/inputs. I sent him a message and he said the issues with the Companion was because the impedances from SPDIF and AES are not the same (respectively 75 ohms and 110 ohms). I then said to him that none of this had been mentioned previously by Devialet, and if I had to use SPDIF-to-SPDIF then could only use single sub output and I had 2 Audioquest cables specially for this. Also that he only gave me a cheaper SPDIF cable and my good SPDIF-to-AES cable would be redundant to. I did say about how when trying my old config it worked via both Master & Companion, but only had issue when using new config (if AES cable was issue then how come it worked at start up).

I sent a message to the Beta program email and Mathieu answered. I sent him a copy of my new config files, but he never said there was anything wrong with them. He asked me to take photos of the top of Pro window and show the software it was running. I went through all 7 windows and then he came back and said the problem was OSCA should be ver0.18, not 0.17 as showing in my photos. I then explained to him that OSCA 0.18 was for RC3 and 0.17 for Beta12. I even did a brand new download of RC3 & Beta12 from the link in the emails from Judith and sent him folder/file screenshots to show they were exactly the same as the ones I was using (actually reloaded both RC3 & Beta12 onto 1000Pro, but still same problems with no link to Companion and shutting down after cycling through inputs).

Actually one of the earlier times when using Beta12 the Master & Companion worked in sync again with my SPDIF-to-AES cable (this worked for easily 30-40 minutes), but still had issue where it would shutdown my 1000Pro when I went to cycle through to the next input (Air or USB couldn't see before shutdown). I then tried cycling through different outputs using the iPhone remote, but didn't matter what I picked (AIR, USB, Spotify, Airplay, etc.) it shut down the Pro. Only when I turn on the Pro will it stay on, I have my 1000Pro to start on TV (Optical 1) when first powering up, so I can't change to any input except for TV. Reloaded RC3 & Beta12 again to my 1000Pro, but then lost Companion again (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), and still same shutdown problems when cycling to next output (AIR or USB).

Coming up for five months after Core Infinity was released and the latest software is still full of bugs.

I eventually gave up at 3.30am. By that time I'd had enough of this Core Infinity Upgrade, couldn't play any music, total failure as far as I’m concerned.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Celts88 - 04-Apr-2018, 00:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21