Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
John,

I think I remember seeing somewhere that some people had problems installing the betas. Olivier installed the previous beta on mine and I had to instal the current beta myself. I followed the instructions in the read me file in the beta package precisely and it installed OK. I would recommend trying a new install. I don't know where I saw and I just spent a bit of time searching threads but came up with nothing.

Ditto for comments on old config files not working and needing to create a totally new one, not edit an old one. I don't know why editing an old one might cause problems while creating an entirely new one should work but it seems that there is something in doing it that way which does make a difference so I'd try that also.

I sometimes think that audio depends a lot on voodoo. You have to sacrifice chickens, do it on the dark side of the mountain on the night of the new moon, etc, etc, etc. Who knows why following the exact steps works when there shouldn't be a difference between that and what you did but it seems that sometimes doing the full voodoo and following the instructions blindly makes a difference, even though common sense and everything you think you know tells you that it shouldn't make a difference. All I can think of is that in many ways a Devialet is as much or more a computer as it is an amplifier and computers don't make mistakes. They just do exactly what they're programmed to do and people, who can and do make mistakes or do funny things at time, write the programs. Computer logic isn't human logic. Perhaps there's something in the firmware that looks for a creation date in the config file and spits the dummy if the date is before the date of the CI installation, and perhaps there's 2 dates buried in the config files, an original creation date and an edit date and the firmware doesn't care about the edit date, just the creation date for the config file. That's about the only thing I've been able to think of and I could well be wrong but it seems that there is a difference between how the CI firmware treats an older config file that has been edited and a brand new config file.

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by David A - 04-Apr-2018, 05:10
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21