Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Apr-2018, 07:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So, this might seem like a stupid question but I don’t follow the forums much lately and hadn’t had time to read back over the past few months posts.....

Is the CI board working as intended yet? Are all the software and firmware finished as per the marketting fluff at launch and all working correctly? I’d quite like to send mine off at some point but not until it’s all finished.

I’ve obviously guessed the answer but a summary of what’s going on would really help.

Thanks

Steve,  the answer is as you've guessed.   Like you, I was waiting until all the issues were resolved, and then heard from Devialet that they would end the CI upgrades in the US the end of March (after which would require shipping to Paris), so I went ahead and sent mine in.  The turnaround was very quick - maybe 12 days.   I did hear recently that Devialet has since extended CI upgrades in the US.  Go figure.  Bottom line - they came back and sound great ... most of the time.

Perhaps the most direct answer to your question is that there is still no production DOS or firmware released for the Expert Pro line post CI upgrade.   There are Release Candidates and Betas.  The most recent Release Candidate (which I am using) seems to be working fine EXCEPT no streaming of 192/24 or DSD64 music.   From reading here and the CI log on the Devialet site, other issues still exist as well (not the least of which is their poor communication). 

Be that as it may, I am still thoroughly enjoying the music coming from my Expert Pros.  I am hopeful that they will ultimately resolve the problems in my lifetime, but I'm also not holding my breath.    If I were you, I think I'd keep waiting - at least until they have a formal production release of DOS and the new firmware.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by mdconnelly - 16-Apr-2018, 14:18
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21