Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Apr-2018, 07:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So, this might seem like a stupid question but I don’t follow the forums much lately and hadn’t had time to read back over the past few months posts.....

Is the CI board working as intended yet? Are all the software and firmware finished as per the marketting fluff at launch and all working correctly? I’d quite like to send mine off at some point but not until it’s all finished.

I’ve obviously guessed the answer but a summary of what’s going on would really help.

Thanks

Those who are old enough and live in the UK will remember that most public sector promises, years ago, eventually required at least twice the promised budget and would take at least twice the promised time. The latter practice is now what Devialet seem to subscribe to. 

I remember when the Expert Pro range was launched in July 2016 by Devialet's lead engineer, Mathieu Pernot, at the Oxford Audio event in the UK. Mathieu said that the CI feature would be ready by the end of June 2017. Eleven months.

As we all know, it did not happen and Monsieur Sannie announced (on the Devialet log site) that it would be ready by mid-November 2017 - four and a half months late. Here we are five months later and we still do not have a functioning CI board. Rather like we never had a fully functional, signed off, AIR feature which Monsieur Sannie also promised.

So if we get to the end of May without a complete and fully functioning board we will have taken at least twice the promised time. 

Rather more worrying, from one perspective, is that Monsieur Sannie is no longer CEO - so maybe his successor will honour the promises made, fully and swiftly, but maybe that just will not happen at all.

A bit of accurate commmunication from Devialet would help but that is seemingly wishful thinking.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by IanG-UK - 16-Apr-2018, 21:23
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21