Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
Well, it works!

Initial observations are:
-The inner box was torn and slightly damaged with lots of dents along the edges and a heavy rip/dent right the way through the top lid and into the foam - compared to the pristine one that was sent back. I guess it had a hard life and will ask Devialet for a replacement for future resale etc. Thankfully no damage I could see penetrated through the foam but I just got it on the wall to clear away all the packaging in the small toddler free window I had.
-It wasn’t really cleaned very nicely. The edges looked like they’d been wiped with a dirty rag. Maybe that’s what it looked like when it left, I did clean it though ad remember it looking quite nice in the pics I took. Anyway, a far cry from the pristine condition it arrived in after the pro upgrade.
-Loading my old config hasn’t picked up all the settings. It’s defaulted to DHCP rather than the static IP it was setup for. So it now has a more random IP address. It has lots more inputs enabled than I had previously. All the new ones, including UPNP (twice on the iOS app), and couple others. I guess I’ll try and setup a new config and see I there’s any change.
-I think someone said their 250 came back boxed as a 1000 Pro master CI (250) or similar. Mine was labelled simply 250 Pro.

Anyway thankful that it’s at least working and not damaged beyond the packaging.

Was surprised no new SD card was returned with it.

So all in all more disappointed than with the previous trip to France, but relieved it functions. Well, I suppose they do know my email address and DC username so maybe they were a bit less ‘caring’ Smile

Will move any other observations to the latest firmware thread. Initial reaction is it sounds identical to when it left, but I have only just powered it up and haven’t sat for a proper listen. I’m still using Allo digiOne into aes so far, but will try some other stuff another night.

Btw HW 6.2. sw 12.1.2 DOS 2.1.0. Not sure what the latest is even, I’m a bit out of touch.
Doesn’t seem to mention CI hardware in the menu. (edit, but it does at startup where it says CORE. I also since read that HW 6.2 is core infinity installed, 6.0 is without https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Expert-Pro- section 3)

(Edit, I realise that’s not the latest firmware. Quick update tonight if time. Why not send back with latest software/firmware?)

(Edit 2, update appears to have sorted IP address out and it’s now back on fixed ip per the config file. Took a few restarts of Roon and the digiOne, guess things got a bit confused. Inputs in iOS app look better too - wonder if you can still disable everything you don’t want? Just curious. Baffled by not the latest firmware, but in no way surprised! On that note, that’s it for me).

Edit 3, for anyone interested the round trip door-to-door was a week and 2 days (excluding the missed delivery)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Hifi_swlon - 04-Jul-2018, 20:53