Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(02-Aug-2018, 01:16)RebelMan Wrote: Ian, can you elaborate on the packaging they gave you to ship the unit in and how it was when it was sent back?  Also, do you think they did any reconditioning to the casework or does it look about the same?

Yes, of course.  The packaging for the 440 Pro comprised two inner boxes and an outer box just big enough to contain them.  The inner boxes had two layers of dark "foam", each about 4cm deep, which was quite resilient and had cut-outs for the amplifier, remote control and (I presume) power cables, etc.  The amplifier and remote were quite a tight fit into the cut-outs in the lower foam layer, then the upper layer sat on top.  There was no provision for shipping the black "presentation" boxes the units originally came in - that's a good thing, because it reduces the bulk of the packaging but also (I think) allows it to give better protection against knocks and other damage.

It's hard to say what Devialet did to the casework; it had no marks or damage when it left me, but it somehow looks fresher and cleaner now it's back.  Maybe they gave it a good polish.  Both amps and the remote control came back with new plastic film covers.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by thumb5 - 02-Aug-2018, 08:04