Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(28-Aug-2018, 15:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Aug-2018, 08:50)Pim Wrote: I've packed the Od'A up and sent an email to Devialet to organise transport. They look pretty ordinary as I've never been able to clean them properly. I've asked for Devialet to see if they can fix that issue. In contrast, the old D 170 I took to of the box it's been sitting in ( for almost two years!) waiting for this moment looks mint. My wife even thought I'd bought a new one! It's quite obvious that the coating on the Od'A isn't as solid as the dark chrome. See what Devialet comes up with.

I'm quietly hoping that they come back Roon ready. It's about time for another firmware upgrade don't you think?  Wink

Hi Pim,

Don't know if you recall but I had similar issues with the copper gold finish. 

When my units returned after the 1k PRO update they were spotless, in fact I was pretty sure that the chassis' were brand new. 

Fingers crossed yours will be immaculate too. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Yes I do remember that you sent yours back to get rid of a spot somewhere on the chassis and that Devialet didn't want to upgrade it to 1000Pro at the time. Are you saying that when you got your back after the 'fix' it looked less new than when it came back from the Pro upgrade? I wonder if they have worked out the original coating isn't any good and came up with a better one.

I've got an idea on what to do when it comes back looking (hopefully) as new and how to keep it that way. I've been using this coating on our ceramic cooktop that makes it really easy to keep it clean. It's made to handle cooking temperatures so I don't have to be afraid that it can't handle the heat of the Devialet. Gotta send it back for the upgrade first though and Devialet still haven't replied to my emails... Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Pim - 30-Aug-2018, 02:54