Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(26-Sep-2018, 18:17)audio_engr Wrote: Just got a mail from Judith that they've shipped back my upgraded 440-Pro CI back to me at DC in the US ... Should get it early next week .. Surprising that Devialet did the upgrade from 400 - -> 440-Pro CI in 48-Hrs ... WOW !!  Hope they did their work properly  Rolleyes

Once I get it, any special recommendations as to setup ?

On the time it takes to actually perform an upgrade: Devialet sent an engineer from their Hong Kong office to Australia to do the CI board upgrades for Australia. He travelled around the country doing the upgrades in various dealer premises. It took around half an hour to do a CI board upgrade. People were taking their amps in, waiting for the upgrade to be done, then taking their amps home in Brisbane. An upgrade from a 400 to a 440 Pro CI is a bit more complex than a CI board upgrade to a Pro amp but I wouldn't expect the actual upgrade to take all that long since they're set up to do them and they're doing them regularly. A large part of your 48 hour turnaround time was probably your amp sitting around while the person who did the upgrade was dealing with amps that arrived before yours.

(26-Sep-2018, 19:57)audio_engr Wrote: If I recall prior to getting the 440-Pro CI upgrade and my D being a 400, I used to use Roon Air for streaming directly from my Macbook Air to the D400 using Ethernet.

1. With the 440-Pro CI, does Roon Air still work ?
2. If not, then we'll have to revert to Devialet AIR v3.0.4 ?

Roon AIR works at least as well with the CI board as it did before, and maybe better,
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by Wdw - 14-Sep-2017, 02:56
RE: Invitation to send y - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Apr-2018, 00:21
RE: Invitation to send your PRO to Paris - by David A - 26-Sep-2018, 21:06