Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New system....First u
Hi, and welcome to Devialet chat.

Reading the description so far, I'll assume that budget is not much of an issue.

I think the 2 most obvious routes would be Roon via the AIR network protocol or a dcs network bridge that could do tidal and your nas files via UPNP. You are on the right track avoiding wi-fi, though having said that your new 440 pro will have the new streaming board so it might work ok, and is expected to include tidal streaming and upnp.

Roon has the advantage of really merging your own files with Tidal very effectively and doesn't require any extra boxes near the system, you would need a small quiet pc of some sort to run it but that could be near your virgin hub. It is also likely that the new board will support Roons own streaming protocol (RAAT), which appears to be 100% reliable (very few are)so could be a great option. There is a thread here somewhere about it.

It might make sense to at least wait for what the new streaming board brings before committing to any further investment, it may have everything you need.

I would have a look at the Roon software though, most of the people who have tried it love it ?

Cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii

Messages In This Thread
New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 01-Oct-2017, 09:08
RE: New system....First u - by Chris Marshall - 01-Oct-2017, 10:57
RE: New system....First u - by Confused - 01-Oct-2017, 12:40
RE: New system....First u - by Rodney Gold - 02-Oct-2017, 10:12
RE: New system....First u - by Fragoulisnaval - 02-Oct-2017, 10:22
RE: New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 02-Oct-2017, 13:18
RE: New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 17-Oct-2017, 16:31