Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACCH Stereo Image Purifier
I tried BACCH ("B") at home last night. It was a bit disappointing. When I listened to B in the store the 3D sound was an absolute sensation. The music spread outside the speakers, positioning instruments and voices to their own places instead of being squeezed into the center between the speakers. The sound also got a 3rd dimension as it became deeper in the room space (close, far). When I value SQ I normally think "are the musicians in my room". I have never experienced a similar musical presence as with B, definitely close to live.

In my living room, which is really big (+85 sqm), I have two Mbl 101E MkII so the music can be enjoyed in the entire room. The speakers are 360-degree-radiating omnidirectional spheres emitting the sound in a circular signal. I guess that technique sort of killed the effect of the B filter. The sound stayed between the speakers. B definitely added a lot of extra dynamics to the sound, all because of the cross talk filter I suppose, but the 3D-sensation wasn't there. I would easily pay money for the improved SQ, but not the sums of a B Stereo Image Purifier.

Anyway, one thing is for sure. These kind of filters are the future in sound development techniques.
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden

Messages In This Thread
BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by m4gnus - 10-Oct-2017, 14:55
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by ogs - 10-Oct-2017, 15:20
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by m4gnus - 10-Oct-2017, 18:40
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by AaronG - 10-Oct-2017, 16:41
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by m4gnus - 11-Oct-2017, 10:11
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by m4gnus - 17-Oct-2017, 16:40
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by m4gnus - 20-Oct-2017, 11:20
RE: BACCH Stereo Image Purifier - by eurasian - 23-Oct-2017, 20:16