Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several sources
Hi everyone,

Noob here.
I've bought the Phantom Gold and at my place I have several devices I'd like to be able to manage using the app "Spark"

My question is: Can I switch directly from my phone using that app the device I want to connect to the Phantom? So easily switch from one device to another.
If yes, how shall I proceed? As of now I can only see my mobile phone in "My Source".
My Phantom is on Wifi, Airplay on my phone and I'd like my laptop to connect to the Phantom using Bluetooth.

Hope I am clear enough
Thanks for the help!
Have you turned on bluetooth on the phantoms under devices in spark? You should be able to get them to show up on your laptop then and connect as usual with bt-devices.
I can connect with my laptop using the Bluetooth and I can play music or whatsoever, so that part works.
The thing is when I go to "Options" then "Source" in "Local Source" I only see my iPhone which I can activate or deactivate. Deactivating my iPhone is not doing anything. In the menu "Rooms" I only see my laptop connected with Bluetooth.

Then I tried to connect my iPhone to the Phantom in Bluetooth but he is refusing the connection "Connection Unsuccessful"
Actually the only way I can play music from my phone is to switch off the Bluetooth from my laptop so my phone can pair which is quite annoying.
I suppose in the "Room" on Spark I should be able to see my laptop and my iPhone Sad
I interpret your question as wanting to *route* other sources via the Spark app into a Phantom.
No, I'd say that's not possible. The closest you can get is using the OPTICAL input, and then using external hardware to do the musical routing into that.

I don't think you can connect more than one source at a time to a Phantom.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I'm not using bluetooth at all in regards to the phantoms (too much of a difference in sound for my liking) so I haven't checked on the ability to have multiple sources counnected via bt. I use my TV as main input hub. The rest is streaming sources that connect via wifi.
(17-Oct-2017, 12:55)Glums Wrote: I suppose in the "Room" on Spark I should be able to see my laptop and my iPhone Sad

To view your available sources you select the “Music” tab and scroll down to the “Live sources” section.
Only one can be linked to a specific room/Phantom.
Thanks for all your replies.
I called Devialet to ask, the bt connection was taking priority over Airplay on my iPhone. Every time I am streaming from my phone and a sound got played on my laptop (window sound, any other audio) that would switch the connection automatically to my laptop. The only way to solve this is to switch off the Bluetooth on Spark.