Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(23-Oct-2017, 20:28)Chopin thumb5 Wrote: Hello folks - I'm hoping someone else has a copy of Ingrid Fliter's Chopin Preludes on Linn Records and might like to help me out a little:

[Image: 51NPviOpvdL._SY355_.jpg]

If so, I'd be interested to hear what you think of the sound quality, either on the 16/44 or higher-res versions.  (The performance is sublime, no question about that!)  To give a bit of focus, try No. 15, "Raindrop".

Feel free to put a note in the thread or PM me if you prefer - I'll be very grateful either way.

Hi Thumb5, I have the 192/24 version and can agree that the sound quality is extremely good - open and detailed, with some fine playing by Ingrid Fliter (I have not heard the 44/16 or 96/24 versions, so can not comment, or give any comparison). You are right about the No. 15, "Raindrop" (the only one of the Chopin Preludes to be named I believe) - it is one of my favourites, closely followed by the No. 8 in F Sharp. Whether you like the complete recording - it also includes 5 Mazurkas and 2 Nocturnes and The Ecossaises op 72 - depends on your view of solo piano pieces. I very much like the complete recording, both in terms of content, and sound quality, it is a frequent "go to" for evening listening when we are relaxing with a glass or two Smile

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by brit - 24-Oct-2017, 10:41