Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(31-Oct-2017, 22:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: I am most perplexed by this. I had another listen and to my ears I just don’t hear any of this fizz on the piano notes. I’ve even stuck my ear right next to the left speaker and turned it up loud. Nada.

Here’s the review that Hi-fi News published back in December 2014, they gave the 24/192 version 90% for sound quality.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume & Ian,

I am currently away from home so can not have a re-listen to mine, but like Guillaume, I  certainly could not hear anything out of the ordinary, on my 192/24 version, the last time I played it (also with ear to speaker - both left & right) - and I did try it a number of times when Ian first reported his "concern". Anyway I am glad to hear that Linn were very prompt, and thorough, with their response, and have hopefully put Ian's mind to rest!

The point that is made by Linn, about "requires great clarity of pedalling", is certainly obvious from my download, as every note is very detailed, and clear, but certainly no fizz. Hopefully Ian can now sit back and enjoy, perhaps with a glass of "fizz"  Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by brit - 31-Oct-2017, 23:22