Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
I was sufficiently intrigued by this thread to purchase my own copy to try. I even went so far as to get the 24/96 ALAC version, to be consistent with the OP's copy . So did I hear any obvious (or even subtle) buzzing or fizzing? I have to be honest here, I did not. So much kudos to Ian's cat like hearing!

I think I will bookmark the track to use a as a future demo / A/B test track. I do have some tentative plans for upgrading the system, and of course the Core Infinity board is approaching. (slowly) What I am thinking is one day I may make that last tweak and gain that last bit of detail and insight that will allow me to finally experience 'Ian's fizz'.

Of course, maybe I was hearing it and somehow my brain (much like Guillaume and David's brain?) somehow processed and recognised the sound differently. Who knows, although how our brain hears things is a fascinating topic. Also, I'll probably revisit this track when I am in a slightly more relaxed frame of mind than I am at the moment. Maybe I am just in the wrong mood for Ian's fizz today? (I am a long way from being totally relaxed at the moment) Interesting though, and for the record I enjoyed the music & performance far more than I expected! It is good to try something outside of your normal listening 'comfort zone' occasionally.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by Confused - 05-Nov-2017, 16:48