Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(05-Nov-2017, 18:27)thumb5 Wrote: Good of you to try it, Confused - and even better if you enjoyed the music by accident!

In retrospect, "fizz" is probably not the best description of the sound.  It's a transient, very soft buzz or slight "crunch" where you'd expect a completely pure attack and decay.  It only affects some of the chords; the quieter passages are much more prone to it, especially the first minute or so of Prelude 15.  To focus down even more, try listening between five and ten seconds into that track.  If you're unfortunate enough to know the distorted sound of a damaged speaker cone, it's a bit like that only much more subtle of course.

Oddly enough, I have had considerable past experience of damaged speaker cones, mainly through DJ'iing, PA systems, as well as domestic hifi.  A sign of one's misspent youth unfortunately. More recently, this is a particular area of expertise that I would consider to be of no practical use whatsoever.  Until now it would seem!  Shy

If only I could find a use for my melted voice coil experience.

Anyway, I am 'away from my system' for a few days now, but I will revisit this one when I get time.  I don't quite know why but I am strangely intrigued by this one now.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by Confused - 06-Nov-2017, 14:30