Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New LE 120 owner need preamplifier out board and remote
Hi Invictus,

Welcome and congratulations on the D120. It is a marvellous amp. It was the amp I heard that moved me solidly and rapidly into the Devialet fold... well, it took me a few months to work up the courage to spend that much. But it is brilliant and I might get one for my office system. Now I'm apparently numb to the cost.

The pre out board does exist and was advertised by Devialet when the D120 was current. Now, it may need to be ordered from a dealer, or from Devialet itself. I've never seen one for sale, but I have seen some very long-running ads by D120 owners who are looking for one. Once installed, the software does configure it, but the physical board does need to be added. In Canada, I believe they were about $500.00 - $600.00, but that is just my memory of a discussion about the pre out board in sept 2014.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'master' unit. The D120 is not a model that can be used with a second, or companion, amp to make a dual mono set up. They all have wifi and ethernet, etc, but are not bridgeable. Though the pre out board may offer a way to run a second amplifier, but it would not likely be the true Devialet dual mono set up.

But do clarify: did you not get the physical remote with your amp? Is your amp new or used? They do come up for sale occasionally, but again are about $500.00 new; less used. I believe that any Expert remote will work with the D120, thought the D250 remote may have been a bit different- I can't remember how, but others will know.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: New LE 120 owner need preamplifier out board and remote - by Damon - 07-Nov-2017, 18:49