Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And already a SAM related problem...
(08-Nov-2017, 05:26)invictus005 Wrote:
(08-Nov-2017, 00:05)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe there's a problem with the SAM profile for your speakers?  I remember there were some similar reports (some time ago on this forum) about SAM problems with specific speaker models.  Might perhaps be worth getting in touch with Devialet to let them know of your concerns.  Alternatively perhaps someone else here is using the same speakers and could confirm what you're hearing.

Quick update, as I'm testing all options and getting used to the Devialet...

I own the B&W CMS2 line of speakers, tried SAM profile for CM8S2 and CM9S2 and the thumping sound when SAM is activated is pretty much constant throughout digital and analog (turntable) sources.

Next I tried a SAM profile for B&W 804D3, this was labeled as a V8 profile only (I run current 10.1.0 firmware). Thumping was there all the same.

Next I downgraded the firmware to 9.0.1, just to try. And again the thumping rumbling sound from Devialet trying to limit woofer excursion was present on CMS2 and 804D3 (V8) profiles with SAM on.

Next I decided to try the talked about 7.1.3 firmware... No thumping sound when SAM is on! Everything sound as it should. Absolutely perfect.

So what is going on here?

You're not using the SAM profile for your speakers mate. That's what's going on. You're lucky you haven't blown up your speakers. The wrong SAM profile is like putting Diesel in a Petrol car. Not a good combo
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: And already a SAM related problem... - by Pim - 08-Nov-2017, 07:25