Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Please Explain Roon RAAT
(20-Nov-2017, 12:04)audio_engr Wrote: Could someone please explain what exactly is Roon RAAT ?

[ do we need it in a server, renderer, ??? ]

If I were to do this setup as below, where & how RAAT will help ?

sonicTransporter i5 w/ internal 2TB SSD ** - - > dCS Network Bridge *** - - > Dev

** = Ethernet;    *** = AES/EBU XLR

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Devs become RAAT, how would this help in the above setup ?

many thanks in advance ...  Smile

If the Devialet amp becomes a RAAT device your dCS Bridge may become redundant. I say may because the dCS could still sound better than RAAT directly to the amp. We will not know until RAAT is running on the CI board. Presently I prefer mR->Mutec->AES/EBU to my Devialet amp over Roon/AIR. I believe the dCS (of course also a RAAT device) is in the same league as mR/Mutec (I haven't heard the dCS), so you could end up liking the sound of the dCS Network Bridge better than RAAT on the Devialet CI board.
The advantage of RAAT in the amp is that you'd be able to control many amp functions from Roon - volume for example. If you have more than one zone and want them synced, you will need RAAT. Roon/AIR does have some control of the amp, but can not do zone sync.

EDIT: I see that you use a 400. RAAT in the Devialet amps can only happen on the CI board - i.e. Pro amps. And yes, you'd still need a Roon server or Core, but the RAAT(or AIR) device is the 'renderer'
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
Please Explain Roon RAAT - by audio_engr - 20-Nov-2017, 12:04
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by petrik - 20-Nov-2017, 12:11
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by audio_engr - 20-Nov-2017, 12:30
Please Explain Roon RAAT - by Chris Marshall - 20-Nov-2017, 12:41
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by ogs - 20-Nov-2017, 13:28
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by audio_engr - 20-Nov-2017, 20:27
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by ogs - 20-Nov-2017, 21:22
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by audio_engr - 20-Nov-2017, 21:41
RE: Please Explain Roon RAAT - by ogs - 20-Nov-2017, 22:10