Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(27-Nov-2017, 19:19)Spindrift Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 12:36)ogs Wrote:
(25-Nov-2017, 17:18)markush Wrote: It's really exciting and I am sure the community will enjoy it very much. Stay tuned for more - Devialet engineers are working night & day / all weekend to achieve a good progress in the software.

I think one of the most important questions (for me at least) is whether the CI, streaming Roon/AIR or eventually RAAT, will do better than going through the Mutec (or Total DAC) reclocker. For the Mutec and a few others there is also the option of the REF10. I do not think the Total DAC has a word clock input, yet.
There are several Devialet Pro users with Mutecs in their system on DC, even some with REF10. We will know the answer to this soon. I've postponed my CI installation to end of January so I am looking forward to reports from you all. The question is:

Is there a reclocker on the CI board?

As a Mutec/Refrence 10 user, a 10Mhz work clock input on the CI board would have been great - but lacking that, I will be interested to see if the word clock for the DAC section is provided by the current clock (on the main board) or if the CI provides a clock source . .

Been told:

The Core Infinity board will effectively be the one to generate and distribute the purest clock signals, including the word clock. Those signals are then rerouted on the motherboard
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Celts88 - 04-Dec-2017, 06:32