Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(04-Dec-2017, 11:22)ogs Wrote:
(04-Dec-2017, 06:32)Celts88 Wrote: Been told:

The Core Infinity board will effectively be the one to generate and distribute the purest clock signals, including the word clock. Those signals are then rerouted on the motherboard

I'm with Pim here. Would be interesting to know if this is from Devialet. If correct it is interesting to know that the clocking scheme has been thought of in the design. Maybe @markush knows something he can reveal?

Yes, I too would be interested in more details here, for example, it begs the question how exactly do the clock signals work in a dual mono set up?  There are two key points with audio clocks, the quality of the clock, low jitter etc., and how close the clock is positioned to whatever it is clocking.  Users of devices such as the Mutec REF10 report the best results with ultra short clock cables, some would argue that an external clock will never be as good as one mounted directly in the DAC, it is not a straightforward topic.

This is in fact the key reason I started this thread.  With my old D800, I was reasonably happy with my uR / Mutec MC3+USB 'front end', with the 1000Pro, I am as convinced as I can be that this front end is the bottle neck in the system.  I have thought of going the SOtMUltra + Mutec REF10 route, which would be about £6k or more depending on cables, PSU's etc.  Maybe the new board will actually perform so well that spending £1000's on REF10's is not needed.  Optimistic perhaps, but you never know.  If we get enough user reviews and comparisons then the situation should become much clearer.  If the OS Board ever works, that is!

It is another reason why a dealer event with someone like Devialet's Mathieu Pernot in attendance would be absolute gold dust now that the Core Infamy board is with us.  A basic understanding of how the OS board works, plus some insight into how a Devialet deals with the clock signals imbedded in the AES/EBU feed would be very useful in terms of understanding the benefit of a Mutec REF10 or similar.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone will actually get their upgraded Pro back this week and actually find they can get the Core Infamy Board to work!  Here hoping!

Back off topic, I think we are near enough to the 'festive period', that personally I would not want to risk sending my own 1000Pro back to Paris.  If I got the 'invite' now, I would definitely want to delay to next year.  Thankfully Devialet have been very cooperative in my case, and not even sent an invite.  An earlier poster suggested that 'upgraded Expert' Pro's would get priority over those like myself that purchased a Pro outright, I could get grumpy about being pushed to the back of the queue, but it my case it looks like it's working out nicely!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Confused - 04-Dec-2017, 12:48