Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(04-Dec-2017, 19:49)sven911 Wrote:
(04-Dec-2017, 19:30)brit Wrote:
(04-Dec-2017, 19:16)sven911 Wrote: My 1000 PRO with CI board is up-and-running with Roon-Air, no issues all is working fine also high-res.
Received the units back today after pickup on November 14th.

Hi sven911, that sounds (no pun intended) promising! I assume that you are using your hard wired Ethernet connection as per your signature?

David

ps Any views on Sound Quality versus pre CI board upgrade?

Yes, using the hard wired ethernet.
Very happy with SQ (after listening to music using my Marantz 7010 receiver with small speakers and a subwoofer). Doing some more listening rest of the evening.

That is very positive. I was beginning to worry about this, having read some of the less than positive results from other users of upgraded Pro units!

My 1000pro is currently in France being upgraded with the CI board, so was concerned that I would also face issues when it came back - your feedback gives me a little more confidence (hopefully not misplaced!). I also use Roon/AIR via NUC6i5 with ROCK connected by Ethernet to my Devialet, which worked well on my pre-upgraded units.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by brit - 04-Dec-2017, 20:10