Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(05-Dec-2017, 22:10)iamwappie Wrote: Received my CI upgraded D220 back today. It has been playing for a few hours now and I had  first listening test. Definitely a different sound then before. Voice seem more clearer as goes for the overall sound. Soundstage seems to be a bit more narrow then I can recall from before the upgrade though. Currious if this changes when it has been playing a bit longer. Also expect a lot of software release over the coming period that may improve things.

I very nice welcome is that the volume is now displayed in Roon!

Interesting point about the soundstage; I thought the previous firmware version really broadened the sound, to the point it was almost too wide.

I think now the soundstage is more accurate - still plenty going on at the fringes, but easier to place the voice.

Agree with you about the vocals though, they definitely seem clearer (and they were pretty good before the upgrade).
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by ozthepoz - 05-Dec-2017, 22:22