Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(05-Dec-2017, 22:54)Damon Wrote: Hi All,

Although I seem to be one of the first to get the CI Pro back, I haven't been listening too much and certainly not with a calm, attentive ear. But I wanted to contribute a few thoughts.

I don't know really how to describe it, or indeed, if it is true, but my wife and I both think there is a different level of .... clarity? I think that the posters above me report similar reactions. I've listened with the modded Sonos:CONNECT though coax, and streaming from iTunes on my iMac with AIR (no ROON or anything else). Generally the improvement, or change, in the presentation seems similar in both streaming sources. I'm never too attentive to soundstage, but I think that there  is a slightly greater sense of scale, or size, or... it is a bigger ball of sound. Maybe the elements are .... oh crap, I don't know. Oz described it better than I in his recent posts.

But let me scamper out on a limb and offer this; in a small way, it seems to have brought back a bit of the old, pre-Pro midrange/ vocal range emphasis or presentation? A thin branch, I know. Maybe just a twig. But still the improved separation and clarity and ease that the Pro upgrade delivered. On my system, I'd say the sound is a notch closer to 'Magico', but I don't have any sense of it being analytical or digital- that is something I'm often listening for. Still sounds very natural and nothing like, say, Hegel (which I find has a bit of an industrial sound). The lost recordings from Devialet, sound just luscious, live and tangible. (There, now I've got some suitable silliness going).

Air does drop out from time to time. The computer seems to switch from using AIR as an output to Computer. I change it back and it seems fine. Maybe I'm going off-topic there.
Fitting review language from a Landscape Architect; a branch, out on a limb, a thin branch, a twig..... ;-)  
Ours finally arrived today so early days but I second your observations...a mid-range delicacy and definition apparent at low volume levels...greater bass articulation. Do agree with Ozthepoz, it does seem to have a power boost...this was my thought as well before reading your comments.
Looking forward to some more dedicated listening.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Wdw - 06-Dec-2017, 01:22