Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(06-Dec-2017, 08:55)Celts88 Wrote:
(03-Dec-2017, 09:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Watch nerd, one of the primary reasons for the sound quality of the Devialet Expert range is the integration of the DAC in close proximity of the amplifier. My theory, and likely others on this forum, is that integrating the streamer board can also have a positive effect on sound quality. It’s not a given though. Some here have argued that putting a mini computer inside such a small case would introduce interference. That’s a valid concern.

So here we are, all awaiting with baited breath, to find out whether the new streamer board introduces better or worse sound.

Time will tell.

(06-Dec-2017, 08:34)watchnerd Wrote:
(02-Dec-2017, 20:24)ogs Wrote: Um... what part of the idea is it that you do not understand?

A streaming board shouldn't have any sound.  It's not doing analog conversion.

Could some of the improvements have anything to do with me being told:

The Core Infinity board will effectively be the one to generate and distribute the purest clock signals, including the word clock. Those signals are then rerouted on the motherboard.

That's good, but should really only make an audible difference if jitter on the previous board was high enough to be heard. I haven't seen any measurements to indicate that was the case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by watchnerd - 06-Dec-2017, 17:27