Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(06-Dec-2017, 18:09)Confused Wrote: ....  Curiously, @Damon who tried the CI board via AIR noted similar improvements to @ozthepoz, so maybe the new clock in the CI board is doing similar things to AIR as it is with USB?  The situation should become clearer as more of us get to try the CI board.

Hold it right there, young man; don't be relying on me for anything clear, lucid or reliable... or even repeatable. As long as my home recordings of the cat trapped in the washing machine sound as good as they did before, I'm a happy cat-napper.... er, camper. Smile . Actually, I will be interested to follow others reports and impressions, even though I really haven't listened at all attentively. Usually, I'm listing as I work at home in the evenings (what amazing fun) and sometimes I look up, at the hifi, and think, 'hmm, that sounds different, and better'. 'Better' being some midrange presence and a bit of the clarity that OzTP related. And the bass seems to have some improved definition of tones; small nuances seem apparent that I had not previously been aware of. 

Even if there is, or should be, no sonic difference, I still have the feeling and reaction that there is a difference. It is something I've noticed each time I play some music. Since I can easily work with the current software, I must say that I am happy with the upgrade. Very happy. The software will get sorted and then I'll re-learn it.

BTW, just to illustrate how limited my value here can be, I don't even know what the AES/EBU inputs are.... sorry. I just plug into digital 1 and leave it at that. Though AIR would be going from iMac wirelessly to the router > wired to Dev. with ethernet? Or does it go directly/wirelessly from iMac to Devialet? 

Turntable is just for show value at the moment, but I'll try that this weekend, as others have asked about how the phono stages behave.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Damon - 06-Dec-2017, 19:16