Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(07-Dec-2017, 18:38)Confused Wrote: @Damon  Thank you for your clear, lucid & reliable comments.  Good stuff!  One point to clarify, am I right in assuming that you were listening via 'new' AIR?

Confused,
You are very kind.

I have used the 'New AIR' as well as the old Sonos: CONNECT > coax digital inputs. At least, I think I am using the AIR. I select 'Devialet AIR in the sound output preferences window, and AIR as the input on the Dev, and I use Apple's Remote App or just iTunes to play material. I am still a bit clumsy at going back and forth between AIR and the other inputs; the software is also a bit odd. The Dev App on my iPhone doesn't always show the volume, or work at changing it, and the Dev. AIR application on the computer doesn't always show the change in volume. But as I say, I am not yet skilled at changing the various settings that need changing.

Wdw,
I am very pleased to read your comments, not just because they support my own impressions, but because I believe that we are seeing a growing group of owners reporting solid improvements in the sound. Especially in ways and for characteristics that I tend to think are often hard to achieve after the system reaches a certain level. Cables? Power cords? New amps or preamps? .... getting the 'dynamic contrast, soundstage and low level articulation' can be elusive and expensive objectives. I bet the change with the Magicos is revelatory. And you have given better descriptions of the changes than I was able to type.

I am looking forward to reading reviews and comments from others as the amps drift back to their owners, because this is really, really good.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Damon - 07-Dec-2017, 19:54