Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(07-Dec-2017, 22:47)Confused Wrote: ........supposedly negative impact of the CI board actually produces euphonic results.  Again, highly unlikely I think, it's just the last possible thing that I can think of!
Much waffle from me, but this really makes me wish that we had a little more technical information from Devialet with respect to exactly what the CI board does.  How it otherwise integrates with the rest of the amp, implications for the new USB input, implications for the other inputs, implications of recent firmware / software implementation, I could go on.  To be honest, we have never needed one of Devialet's nice white papers more than we do now.

The Confused One,  a well earned moniker!   Big Grin  I do agree with every one of the many tangents you went on   Big Grin 
It is odd that the AES would show some improvement and this circuit also served by the excellent clock from our dCS.  
Expectation bias could be quite likely as well...I was going somewhat daffy when the D440 was subject to further delays before shipping back, held for a few more days than necessary, awaiting release of the the firmware released last Thursday.  I'm certain that I have alienated all of the good natured folks at the Devialet support desk in New York...so having music back in the house was certainly a joy but I can only counter that I had no expectation of an improvement from the board and some concern that induced electrical noise, as you mention, could be likely.
Baffling...but my wife commented immediately when it was just warming up and playing in the background....I think my initial post may have been a tad too over the top but it certainly does sound better.  
Best

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Wdw - 07-Dec-2017, 23:26