Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
A short comment here: it is not easy IMHO to make comparisons between two setups when days not to say weeks have passed between the removal of the 'old' system and the arrival of the 'upgraded' one. As @f1eng said in another thread, the volatility of the audition memory is high and the validity of perceptions can probably not exceed the order of magnitude of minutes/hours.

Having said that, I have received my D900 upgraded to D1000 with the CI board Tuesday this week. After having let it burn-in for some time, I have made a first 'serious' listening session tonight. At this stage, given the level of maturity of the firmware as we know it, there is still a very audible difference between the Roon Ethernet input of the Devialet and the AES/EBU one, when fed by a rather 'sophisticated' source like @Antoine has initiated in this forum (Paul Hynes LPSU, MacMini, SOtM sMS-200 Ultra, tx-USB Ultra, Mutec MC-3+USB, all these three devices being powered by the PH and clocked by a Mutec Ref-10).

Differences are clearly in favor of the latter, especially in terms of general dynamics of the sound, as well as micro-dynamics.

Just my 2c.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by SwissBear - 08-Dec-2017, 00:09