Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(07-Dec-2017, 23:26)Wdw Wrote: Baffling...but my wife commented immediately when it was just warming up and playing in the background..... but it certainly does sound better.  

In all seriousness, the same behaviour occurred in our house. My wife also commented on the change in sound; this was within two minutes of the CI unit being put back on the shelf and fired up. I think this type of reaction from unbiased (and uninterested) listeners, strongly indicates that expectation bias is not a factor in her awareness of the sonic changes.

Although I understand (sort of) the concept that simply by observing and experiment or event, that we change the outcome of that event, I am confident in dismissing, or diminishing, the influence of bias, as I did not expect any change sound quality. Nor was I wanting a change. If anything, I was simply glad to have the amp back, and if anything, I was apprehensive about potential problems as a result of the CI board install.

Amici, this is a really good thing. To the listening chair, Batman!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Damon - 08-Dec-2017, 03:55