Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
Since I am unable to do level balanced back to back comparisons with my no longer existing O d'A and my Core updated one I am hesitant to be confident about any tonal balance differences but I have listened extensively to CD (Goldmund Mimesis 36+ into AES/EBU) input, which I considered the best sound previously and it certainly isn't worse. I am listening now to check if the stereo imaging has any of the variations I experienced wit early versions of the firmware on dual mono D-Premiers and would say it is as good as I have ever had.
I have only played 1 LP (Ortofon A90 via Ortofon T3000 SUT into high impedance input) and I wasn't blown away. Will try some others and maybe without the SUT.
Roon via AIR works reliably and sounds great.
I haven't used USB before but have a long enough cable to try so will compare with Roon/AIR in due course and report back.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by f1eng - 08-Dec-2017, 18:08