Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
Hello all, I received my 220 Pro back last Friday after a two week turnaround and spent quite some time listening over the weekend.
That in iteself proved not so easy, in my set-up Roon Air works over ethernet but not reliably so. It refuses to play more than one or a few tracks in a row from a playlist, it just stops. Manually restarting the track works though. Also had to unplug the Dev a few times to get rid of the 'device in use' message.
I hope updates in firm- and software will come and solve this over time.

My observations on SQ, very subjective of course but confirmed with a friend:
But all that is forgiven (for now at least) because of the jump in sound quality. Much more detail in the midrange, which give a lot more subtlety to instruments and voices, in line with earlier posts in this thread. Listening to e.g. Neils Lofgren's Acoustic Live it is now much more aparent how he extracts different sounds from the guitar with each and every note. A lot more information is extracted form instruments and voices.
On soundstage the impression is that you are listening a few rows closer towards the stage now.

I was listening with a friend and we noticed that over an hour or so the perceived SQ got even better over that hour. Going back to the first track we plaeyed confirmed that. Now that may be warming up the equipment or burning in of the CI board, I don't know. It had been playing for about 10 hour in total by then and was up and running for about an hour before this happened.
I am curious as to when I start listening again whether it was the warming up or burning in, but unfortunately serious listening will have to wait a few weeks as I will be not at home most of the time.

rdok

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by rdok - 11-Dec-2017, 08:51