Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
I got my 250pro back with Core infinity upgrade. I just let it warm up for an hour or so with power cord plugged in. It was very cold out of the box. Minor inconvenience as Devialet or their sub-contractor had forgotten to put the flash card back into the unit. I had one more card handy and I downloaded the latest firmware from the website. I copied my previous configuration file on the card.

I played 3 or 4 tracks back and forth with my old unit (non-upgraded) and newly upgraded unit. These are my impressions. I still might continue to do the comparison, but its pain in the butt reaching the back of the unit and swap cables in a tight space. All my comparison at this point was with "line in/bypass" from my processor. I'll compare the other inputs later. I thought this input should sound the same because the new board might not have any effect on this input.

First thing I noticed is the Base definition and dynamics. I played the title track "Crash" from Dave Matthews Album back and forth a few times. The mid-base like kick drums will hit you in the chest more prominently. You will feel it more. I though it was great before this upgrade, but I definitely felt it more. The second part I noticed in couple of other songs was the more dynamic nature of the sound, which pushes the scale to even more realistic sound akin to when you hear something live. Guitars, specially acoustic guitar sound more real. I'll continue to post more impressions on other inputs like AIR before I go on a vacation in next couple of days.

In terms of SQ, Devialet has not regressed for sure.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by sam1000 - 20-Dec-2017, 23:04