Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(22-Dec-2017, 11:00)smokejumper Wrote: Listening to my 1000 Pro after the Core Infinity upgrade, I think there is, for me at least, a significant uptick on everything I listened to so far. I used the USB and Coaxial SP/DIF inputs and both had even better speed, definition and tonal balance. Didn't get chance to try AIR or UPnP yet.

Thanks for posting @smokejumper.  I will be honest, but when I read the first couple of listening impression posts in this thread which claimed there were sound quality improvements from the AES/EBU or S/PDIF inputs, I was deeply sceptical.  Improvements via the OS Board, maybe, but via S/PID or AES/EBU?  Not very likely I thought.  However, you post is yet another claiming the same thing, it is becoming quite a consistent message now from a few members of the forum.  I know there are some theories as to why this might be, I just wish someone could extract some hard facts from Devialet on this issue.  (and I mean hard facts, not the kind of techno babble waffle you might get from a Devialet support query)

It is good news nevertheless.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Confused - 23-Dec-2017, 10:36