Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(23-Dec-2017, 12:08)Celts88 Wrote:
(23-Dec-2017, 11:55)Confused Wrote:
(23-Dec-2017, 11:16)Celts88 Wrote: Confused

Anything to do with this CI Board Generates Clock Signal
Yes indeed, although note that I wrote in my earlier post "and I mean hard facts, not the kind of techno babble waffle you might get from a Devialet support query".  I am not saying the information you linked to is wrong, but it might not be 100% accurate either, and therefore misleading.  So what I would like is a five minute session with Devialet's Mr Mathieu Pernot, or maybe a white paper with clock diagrams.  I think the Devialet support staff sometimes get answers from the technical team, which they then pass on without fully understanding what they are writing, and the technical message gets lost a little.  At the time of writing though, the information per you link is just about all we have!

Confused

Totally agree with you, and it's disappointing that Devialet haven't came out with a White Paper or more detailed info on the CI Board

FYI the info regarding the CI Board and clocking was given to me by one of the Engineers involved in the CI board upgrade installations (not saying that explains everything, but it wasn't info just passed down by the Devialet Customer Support Staff). This isn't to say the info is actually how it reads, as there may be some discrepancy due to French / English language, but it does seem as if something regarding clocking has been incorporated on the CI.

Considering that the information per you link is from a Devialet engineer, and adding to this the recent subjective listening impressions which are fairly consistent with clock improvements, this is a very intriguing combination.  There is a risk of putting 2 +2 together hear and getting 5 though.  I would love to know more!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by Confused - 23-Dec-2017, 13:16