Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(30-Dec-2017, 21:26)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(30-Dec-2017, 20:35)UKIBM Wrote:
(30-Dec-2017, 20:14)Vivialet Wrote: Hi Kevin,
nice to hear. Can you already comment about the sound quality via SPDIF or AES/EBU ? Is there also an improvement as mentioned by others already ?

Hi Vivialet

I'd be lying if I said it sounds bette. This is simply because I have not really listened to my Metronome CD transport via spdif over that last six months due to getting hooked on Roon and a big Turntable project. I therefore don't really have the aural memory to compare. It still sounds great so I don't think its gone backwards.

Does anyone know if all external sources are feed through the CI board/Masterclock??

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kevin

Yes, I got confirmation that all sources get their clock (improved) from the CI board, therefore improvement in applicable for every entry, not only to the Air/Streaming.

Jean-Marie

That’s very good to hear, thank you Jean-Marie for sharing this. It’s a shame Devialet haven’t yet been able to produce a white paper on the CI board as I am sure there are lots of fascinating bits for us to discover! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by GuillaumeB - 31-Dec-2017, 14:06