Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
Forgot to add that I also tried out the UPNP feature. To get as short a path as possible I used QPlayer to pipe files from my QNAP NAS. Unfortunately I did not get as good a result as Inox. Everything worked well first time but after a few tracks it was clear that fidelity was significantly lower to that I described above with Air and Roon in either wifi or ethernet mode. It just sounded small, less dynamic and a bit thin. It may be that more sophisticated players can give better results. They always sounded good with previous incarnations of Air but crashed far to often in my hands to be tolerable. 

I could dig out my Krell Connect streamer to try with UPNP but that involves another box, power, ethernet and spdif cables, Twonkey and Krell's woeful Connect player software. After Roon/Air I just don't have the stomach for this route!

Regards

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by KIBM - 31-Dec-2017, 17:50