Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(21-Jan-2018, 12:14)Confused Wrote: Thanks for posting @zdenes .  It reminds me of the old joke:  Questioner:  Why the hell are you running three MC3+USBs?  Response: I didn't have enough cables to connect the fourth one....  

@ogs - I too would be interested in zdenes response to your queries.  However, a while ago there were some posters on Computer Audiophile were experimenting with multiple MC3+USBs.  (Before the days of the REF10)  The ultimate conclusion was that two was better than one and three were better than two.  Three appeared to be as far as you would want to go, no conclusive gains could be found running four units.  (Which is a relief, imagine if things kept getting better up to 20 Mutecs or something.....)  One point to note, zdenes is tunning a D800.  From my experience the margin between AIR and a Mutec via AES/EBU is greater on the D800, primarily because AIR performs better on the Pro.  It is perhaps also worth noting that @SwissBear is running a SOtM sMS-200Ultra / tXUSBultra / Mutec MC3+USB / REF10 set up with his O'da (now CI 1000Pro).  I can't speak for Swissbear, but from what he has written elsewhere it looks like he is getting exceptionally good results with this set-up.  @Sharone is running a very interesting Melco N1ZH2 / Mutec MC3+USB / REF10 set up into a 440Pro also.  @Sharone was kindly offering to do a Melco / Mutec MC3+USB / REF10 versus CI Board comparison, but I don't think has upgraded to CI yet, we will have to be patient!  I have heard the Melco N1ZH on it's own with a Devialet, and it is a fine performer, I suspect adding the Mutec MC3+USB / REF10 to this would be exceptional.

Oh, and if anyone is selling a MC3+USB, I too might be interested.  @zdenes did ask first though, so it would be fair enough if you give him first refusal! Shy  This is perhaps one positive for the Mutec MC3+USB, there is a healthy second-hand demand at the moment.....

Wow! Sounds like I should give mine another go - it has been sitting unused for months because I can't find a neat place to put it!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by f1eng - 21-Jan-2018, 18:27